Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Public School Tales Vol. ?

So, I get a phone call today from the school secretary.

School Secretary: There's a parent on the phone for you. She's been calling all through your lunch. It sounds like there's something wrong.

Me: Who's mom is it?

School Secretary: JH's

Me: Yeah I'll talk to her.

Now, JH doesn't live with his mom. I've never met his mom. I've never talked to his mom. I don't even have his mom's phone number to call in case of an emergency.

Mom: Is this Mr. Bui?

Me: Yeah, how's it going? What can I do for you?

Mom: JH told me about you

Right now I'm thinking great. What did JH tell her. This kids a trouble maker. Did he tell her I said something inappropriate? Did I say anything inappropriate recently? What could he possibly have said?

Mom: JH said you call him your son.

Me: Yeah, I didn't say that.

Mom: He said the kids say you two look alike.

Me: Yeah, the kids say that.

Mom: You're 27 right?

Me: Do you need something?

Mom: JH said you're looking for a girlfriend.

Me: What do you need?

Mom: Well I was just calling . . . I was seeing . .

Me: What do you need?

Mom: Uh . . . well . . . how's he doing in school?

Me: I'll talk to you some other time about that.

No comments: