Tuesday, December 11, 2007

TIME STAMP MIXES 2007: Vol. YAS




Every year around Thanksgiving I try to make a mix tape that summarizes where I am musically at for the year. I've only done it for three years, but I think it provides a succinct way to watch my tastes evolve. Rather than keep it to myself this year, I'm putting it up on here.

In the next few weeks all the regular contributors will be putting up their 2007 Time Stamp Mixes. These aren't supposed to be super hip, ultra obscure crate digger collections of songs that compensate for a tiny penis, though they can be. They're supposed to be a mix of the songs we've listened to for the year 2007.

At some point in the year almost all of the songs I've got on this mix were on a steady blast. Not every song for 2007 made it, I want to keep it close to the one hour range, because anything longer than that and I get bored.

So here's volume Yas, you've probably heard all these before, but now they're neatly in one package.

"You can now be the performer and the instrument."

1. Sex Record from Pleasures of Love
2. Throw Some D's Remix by Rich Boy
3. Fireworks by Animal Collective
4. A Lady of a Certain Age by The Divine Comedy
5. Bonafide Lovin' (Tough Guy) by Chromeo
6. D.A.N.C.E. by Justice
7. Big Spender by Freeway feat. Jay-Z
8. Lovin Her Was Easier (Than Anything I'll Never Do Again) by Kris Kristofferson
9. Reckoner by Radiohead
10. Keys to the City by The Go! Team
11. Stuntin' Like My Daddy by Baby and Weezey F. Baby
12. Make it Rain Remix by Fat Joe featuring Every Rapper on Earth
13. No Fit State by Hot Chip
14. Running the World by Jarvis Cocker
15. We Takin' Over by DJ Khaled with some other people

DOWNLOAD VOL. YAS

No comments: