Friday, March 14, 2008

Dope Shit

I came across this track in a scene from "Layer Cake", a British Gangster flick starring Daniel Craig aka the new James Bond and directed by Mathew Vaughn, aka producer of "Lock Stock" and "Snatch". It was a pretty cool dance track with great female vocals, a combo that I'm a sucker for these days...
The Source Feat. Candi Stanton - "You Got The Love"

It was realesed numerous times and there are many remixes and videos but I don't want to go crazy here...

The song is playing during a scene when Daniel Craig's character first meets Sienna Miller's character in a club, so I assumed it was about dudes and chicks. After reading up on Candi, and learning that she's a gospel singer, though it became very apparent that it was about J.C.

Clips from the flick w/Sienna Miller the song is 35 seconds in:


The sample came from a 1986 house track (that Pube$ bought 2 days after I got "You Got The Love", weird right?):
Jamie Principle "Your Love"


I know, I know, what's this house stuff all about, it'll make more sense next week.
Don't blow it Snacks!
Until next time over and out!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

if sienna miller wasn't in this clip, getting humped, I'd assume, based on the music you highlight you are gay--really really gay.

Anonymous said...

gay party anthems are pretty much all ive been listening to. good job Barry! i didnt know about this one.

Anonymous said...

Snacks warned me about the gay factor to this stuff. I'll try to include more scantly clad women in my posts...