Thursday, August 30, 2007

Denton Tall Tales #16

The first time I smoked weed I was in ninth grade. It was at this guy Tom’s birthday party. It was my first “real” party.

Only one of my friends had a license at the time. He picked me up in his mom’s minivan and had a 12-pack in the car. We were so fucking cool.

The party was filled with metalheads and I recognized a few of them from making fun of me in gym class. There was a bonfire and we all sat around in a circle. The bowl we smoked out of was metal and had a skull on it. I didn’t know what a shotgun was so when I tried to light it I burnt the shit out of my thumb. One of the metal kids showed me how to do it and rolled his eyes at me. I was embarrassed but determined to get high, I had just read Jim Morrisons biography and I wanted to go to the other side. I didn’t get stoned that night.

I fell asleep on the floor of the van and when I woke up someone had wiped boogies on my face.

Tom killed himself a couple years later by throwing himself in front of a truck.

3 comments:

urn said...

Actually we had a case and a half of beer, Coors and Coors Light and the Party was in Hickman. Hickman sits right on the Border of Maryland and Delaware. (doesn't get much worse than that.) If Coach Finsock had 5 rules the last 2 would be:

"Don't party in towns that start with "Hick" "

"Don't smoke anything out of skulls with metalheads"

Also I think another story about Jay W. is in order...who was also there.

Snaxxx said...

jay willoughby is a story. we tried to pee on him that night, and his neighbor came out and stopped us.

urn said...

What's up with you pissing on everyone. Are you sure your not related to R. Kelly. Actually I think the neighbor was Tom's Mom.
Jay kept bugging us for beer and I think it was Chad Dean's idea to piss on him...(still don't know why Chad Dean was hanging out with us)