Friday, August 17, 2007

Denton Tall Tales #8

Russ was a good friend of mine and lived within walking distance, so we used to hang out a lot. He was a year older than me. I remember thinking Russ was pretty normal and smart for someone who lived in Denton. But, he quit high school TWICE. (He came back to school for the only thing that school could offer him, glimpses of sweet teen aged trim. Don't forget this was pre-internet Denton.) He eventually did graduate-2 years after I graduated, when he was 20. It was his last year of eligibility.

Russ was the first person I knew who went to raves. He also was the first person to wear Jnco jeans in Denton. I'm not saying the jeans and the raves are related. I'm not saying they're not either. He was amongst the first people who tried to get me to do ecstasy. He once told me this crazy story about a guy he saw at a rave. The guy had done so much ecstasy that he had a perpetual hard-on. He was dancing like a maniac and the friction from his pants and penis caused him to cum over and over again. He was either too fucked up to notice or care, and he kept cumming and dancing with this huge crusty stain on the front of his pants.

That story scared the shit out of me and it took me a couple of years to muster up the courage to “roll”. Looking back the story is completely ridiculous and an obvious fabrication, but I believed that rural myth as if it were the gospel.

No comments: