Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Denton Tall Tales

I went to high school with this kid named Daniel Dorsey. He was super metal and looked like he was 35. He had no friends and didnt speak to anyone. I think he may have been kind of retarded, half his classes would be with the special kids and the other half i guess were with the normal kids. Whenever any of the teachers would ask him a question he would just grunt, and he also used to shred on his air guitar a lot.

During our junior year Daniel dropped out of school.....AND THEN GOT A JOB AS THE JANITOR. Take a minute to let the epicness of that situation settle in. He hated school enough that he would quit, but he must have not minded getting paid minimum wage to wake up at the same time he had to before, and get made fun of even worse then he was. (To be fair not many people made fun of him to his face. dude was pretty scarry. but we all laughed at that motherfucker as soon as he left the room)

Now, what i would like to know is, he must of been sitting at home, jamming to some Maiden, thinking "fuck school man, i am so out of there, i dont give a fuck what my old man says...", so he quits. fair enough. but i would like to know what happened next. this is the possible scenarios i have come up with.

A) "dude, im only going to school if they pay me. holy shit! there is a janitors position open, all right!!!!! yeeer yereerrrry yyeerrrrr (air guitar solo)!!!!"

B) "Daniel, as your guidance counselor, i just dont see you graduating this year. your best bet would be to learn a skill. As a matter of fact we have an opening in our custodial services department. If your interested i could try and pull a few strings for you" "urrrrggghhhh (sure)"

C) "I quit!!!! Schools out forever bitches!!! Im never coming back here ever again"......Two weeks later......"i miss seeing that sweet trim. What would judas priest do? i got to get back in that school and slay some of these broads. alright!!!!"

He literally went from being in my gym class one week to cutting the grass on the football field the next. I remember kids thinking that he had stolen a lawnmower or something when we saw him. I was just reminiscing with one of my old homies about this kid and I thought I would share. This man was a true Denton legend if there ever was one.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

you should tell everyone about the library gap next

yassmafuckintass said...

I just don't understand how they hired him.

Snaxxx said...

I was walking down the hall and Daniel was in the hall as well. a teacher saw him and said, "daniel, shouldnt you be getting to class". He snarled back, "I work here". she didnt even question him, and it was the most i ever heard him say.

in elementary school he used to sit in the back of the bus, he had the whole last row, no one even sat in the seat next to him. he asked to see my friends Swatch and he reluctantly gave it to him. when he asked for it back, he just grunted, and never gave the watch back. there wasnt anything we could do about it. dude had been grunting as a reply for years. and he was medal in elementary school. i shit you not.

in response to your question, my high school had one of the highest drop out rates in the state of maryland. they were probably stoked to get him a job. i think in any other school they would frown upon a dropout working at the same school he just dropped out from. that shit is frighteningly hilarious.

Anonymous said...

I sat with this freak on the bus and he would try to scratch himself all the time until he bled, then he would proceed to show people sitting around him and if you ignored him he would try to start scratching or punching you or other kids sitting close. I thought to myself, this kid has a bright future in the Dept. of Corrections....