Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Denton Tall Tales #19

Garon was one of my first friends. I remember him making fun of me before I could speak English. We were friends from kindergarten through twelfth grade.

He let me borrow his Slick Rick tapes and we would crack ourselves up by singing the lyrics. He was really funny and had the uncanny ability of farting at precisely the right moment. In high school we didn’t hang with Garon too much. He wasn’t into smoking blunts, and that was pretty much all we were into. I think Garon might have won class clown and also best dressed.

A couple of years after school I heard a story about Garon accidently shooting himself in the foot. It seemed weird that he had a gun, but the foot shooting part seemed like typical Garon. I laughed and didn’t really think anything of it.

When I heard the recent news about Garon, I was completely shocked. It sounds cliché, but I would have never thought he was capable of doing anything like this.

2 comments:

urn said...

I remember one day me and Garon were hanging out in 6th grade near a construction site for some new townhouses in Denton. We were walking a long the foundation bricks and saw some cartoon underwear with huge pieces of shit in them...Garon grabbed a stick and tried to pick the underwear up and fling them at me...

I stopped hanging out with Garon after that.

Snaxxx said...

thats fucking hilarious.