Thursday, November 15, 2007

Lets open it up to the beagles...


So I am very pleased with the way Skanky Floozies turned out. Snacks stepped to me with a great concept and a ridiculously stupid title, which in my book is a winner every time. Over the past few months I have learned that the theme'd mix-tape is the way to go... Which leads me to my current quandary, how to follow up Skanky Floozies? Even though Skanky Floozies has yet to be pressed to cd, I want to get started on the next offering, since it takes a fair amount of time to turn around. Snacks and I have been bouncing ideas around a little but we haven't come up with anything worth-while. So I'm gonna throw it out there to the most regal of beagles and their readers...
What should the theme be for the next mix-tape?
I'm kinda into 70-80's soul/funk/r&b at the moment but I'm open to whatever...
What-cha-got?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

a sequel to skanky floosies called
Sleazy Beezies.

I got slutty girls for days.

Anonymous said...

maybe since youre in LA you can get some of these girls to do drops for the cd. Im sure teena marie and carrie lucas arent doing much these days. and they'd probably like the attention.

"when im not masturbating or stealing your boyfriend, im listening to the sweet sounds of dj avid. he puts me in the mood everytime.....mmmmmmm yeah."

Anonymous said...

This is a little conceptual, but I think it'd be cool to take really terrible rappers and put really good beats under them and see if they suddenly seem good. A good beat can buoy a crappy rapper. But I'm not sure a good rapper can buoy a crappy beat.

Bad Rap Gone Good

Anonymous said...

how about courvoisier crooners? stick with your original plan of 70's and 80's R&B with dope drum and horn sections under the soulful lyrics of the OG players attempting to swoon themselves a skanky floozy

Snaxxx said...

im feeling kongs suggestion!
the male skanky floosies!

Anonymous said...

SHIT. How did I forget? My original and only mix tape idea ever--The Awkward First Date Mix Tape.

It's all songs like Spread For Me, I want to fuck by akon and snoop dogg, touch it or not by cam'ron, etc. And then someone is supposed to go on a date with a girl for the first time. And that is the c.d. or playlist they'd play, just to see what her reaction is. Or his reaction.

Awkward First Date Mixtape.

The first song is right here.

Snaxxx said...

i. want. that. record.

Snaxxx said...

i really life yazzers suggestion too.

Anonymous said...

A male Skanky Floozies has been suggested out here to but I was thinking maybe I should do something totally different on the next one then maybe come back and do a crooner tape later...

Anonymous said...

when are you going to make cd's?