Thursday, November 15, 2007

Reel Talk

Ive seen some really good movies recently, so I thought I would share:


I dont know why it took me so long to see this because im a pretty big Jarmusch fan. This has Joe Strummer in it, and also a great cameo by the infamous Red Rockets. Good stuff.


Brothers from different mothers share lover; Fight one another.

If that isnt incentive enough to watch this, then, remember the really cute girl from City of God (Alice Braga)? Well she is in this and lets just say that she leaves nothing to the imagination.....several times. She is my new favorite actress.
This is also filmed in beautiful Salvador, Bahia. Ive spent a lot of time there so I guess im partially biased.


Last, but certainly not least, The Beales of Grey Gardens. This is a follow-up documentary to the original documentary, Grey Gardens. If you have never seen the first, do yourself a favor and rent it. Its a beautiful trainwreck.
Beales of Grey Gardens is extra footage and some of it I cant believe they left out of the first. The house catches on fire. The ladies discuss politics. There is more raccoon footage. And Little Edie talks about threesomes....Oh my!!!

4 comments:

Kenny Bloggins said...

Good lookin out there Ebert I may have to put these on the netflix so i have something to watch while i hunt down this

Anonymous said...

that made me laugh out loud. im glad to see master p is still hanging on.

Snaxxx said...

does anyone know how i could make a poster out of the Beales picture above? it doesnt need to be big.

Kenny Bloggins said...

copy and paste that jawn into photoshop you can adjust the pixel size etc but it'll prob look crappy over 8x10