Sunday, June 28, 2009

Brutaltron Booze Cruise

Liam and I took part in the 1st annual Brutaltron Booze Cruise on Saturday.  It started at the Khyber and ended at Moore College two hours and 7 or 8 bars later.  There was good turnout and we met a bunch of great people.  

Ralph Awesome running the show


Liam plans our route.  There's an app for that





Start of the race


First bike reck of the race 2 minutes after it starts.  Its 
the cluster of people on the right at the intersection.

Bar #1 

Bar #2


Pit stop at Liam's. He got a flat at the start of the race then another one out front of his house seconds after this repair, so he switched to the tandem bike.  





Bar #3


Bar #4


Bar #5


Stop #6  Awesome Dudes Printing where you had to do a shot of whiskey and print your own 
booze cruise t-shirt.









Bar #6




I forgot to take a picture at bar #7, which was Oscar's.  I crashed & broke my bike as we arrived so we doubled up on the tandem for the last leg of the race.


Our last stop was Bonner's where we had to split a pitcher.  It did me in but didn't stay in me.


Handlen business.


Finished the race at Moore.


Get'n prehistoric.





Race Winner








More bike problems on the way home


Liam, why am I on the ground?


I even made it Medusa's for Jason's DJ night.  I can't believe I even found the place by myself.  
Sunday was a rough day.  

6 comments:

Kenny Bloggins said...

Aodh won the prize for drunkest!!! There were too many cheaters that were not finishing the required drinks at each bar before getting their manifest signed. Aodh and I, on the other hand, finished with dignity and finished EVERY drink. Aodh could have been DQ'd for hurling all over the bar at Bonners but he kept it togeather and they were none the wiser!

As for you laying in the street, I lost count of how many times you fell into the gutter on our trek home. Good times!

Kenny Bloggins said...

I also love that we broke 3 bikes on our adventure and still finished in the middle of the pack. We will take the gold next year... get training Aodh!!!

Pennyfarther said...

GREAT POST!!!

College! said...

You have a suprising amount of pictures that make sense.

AODH said...

one of the funniest moments of the whole adventure was when I called Liam the next day because I couldn't find my bike where I had locked it up after crashing at Oscar's. Turns out we picked it up at the end of the race and I pushed back to Liam's house.

AODH said...

one of the funniest moments of the whole adventure was when I called Liam the next day because I couldn't find my bike where I had locked it up after crashing at Oscar's. Turns out we picked it up at the end of the race and I pushed back to Liam's house.