Wednesday, August 15, 2007

DentonTall Tales #6

I remember the day I went to speak with my guidance counselor about college very well. He had given me a book with lists of colleges in them, listing each colleges pros and cons. I immediately went to the Pennsylvania section and began looking for schools in the Philadelphia area. I could have cared less about majors, off-campus living, or meal plans. My main concern was the proximity of the school to Love Park. Upenn was out, I had no portfolio so the Art Institute was out, West Chester University seemed like a possibility. I walked into my guidance counselors office, told him confidently about my plans for the future, then waited patiently for his response. The first thing out of his lips were, “Have you thought about the military…..?” I never talked to him ever again.

No comments: