Monday, August 20, 2007

Morris Day and the Mother Fucking Time

OK so one week out and I'm gonna start out "wif" a good one. I'm gonna leave the journey out to be documented by Alex since he was the one snapping pics, my camera was dead, all I'll say about it is A: Kansas Sucks! and B: Hitting a tractor trailer "re-tread" dead center doing 75mph at about 1:00am in the middle of Illinois will really mess up your evening...

Ok so apparently there are only 2 street festivals a year allowed in all of L.A., one being the Halloween parade in West Hollywood, and the other, which I hit up on Saturday, is Sunset Junction (27 years strong). It's a huge block party with rides, crappy carnival food, an abundance of brewski's, some of the weirdest characters you will ever come across and 3 stages of tunes... This year the highlight, for me, was Morris Day and the Time! I was genuinely excited to see the Time even though all I really knew about Morris is what I had seen on Purple Rain, but you have to admit that's enough to get excited about right there...
Anyway thanks to Snack's I finally charged up my camera and took a stroll down there to check it all out... What follows are some ok pics, and more crappy pics/vids of what I came across...
Enjoy...










Sunset was PACKED, this was for the Blonde Redheads who I had never heard of but were rather good...


Seriously just because there is a DJ, does there automatically have to be a really shitty "break'n" circle? These things should be out-lawed already!


We were all anxiously awaiting the Time on Santa Monica...


And Jonny Law was perched on the rooftops flashing his mag-lite at people...


Awwwwww Yeah!












It's called "The Bird!"





So I know the quality on this sucks and it's shakey as all hell but you have to check the entrance, the fur, 2 mirrors, the man's a pimp!



Now take a look at the choreography, this is a very very small sample, the man's still got it!


And OF COURSE:


I'm gonna go ahead and make a bold claim that this was easily one of the top 5 show's I've ever seen! These guys were funny, sounded great, got the crowd involed and were stylish as hell! Morris is a true entertainer and anyone who get's on a stage should take notes!

On a side note step your post's up "son" I've seen all these pics before, old news!

Catch ya next week although I don't know how it's gonna stand up to this week....
B

2 comments:

Snaxxx said...

morris is still looking good! this is really awesome. Keep em coming barry.

i hope this provided some inspiration for you to finish the skanky floosies mix....

Andrew P. Warcraft said...

You saw Blonde Redhead and Morris Day in the same day! I'm jealous!

Oh, and all I really know about relationships is what I've seen on Purple Rain, but you have to admit that's enough to learn how to treat a lady.