Monday, August 20, 2007

Denton Tall Tales #9

Big City Fashions was your one-stop location for all things bootleg. Well not quite all things, pretty much just beanies and t-shirts, and colored jean shorts. It was located in the heart of town, on main street, and was roughly the size of a walk-in closet.

I’m not sure where they got their merchandise from but I’m pretty sure it came from Baltimore. They would have the same exact beanie, but with different logos embroidered on it. Nike, Polo, Tommy Hilfiger, Nautica. Then next to that they would have the t-shirts. Nike, Polo, Tommy Hilfiger, Nautica. Then the colored jean shorts. Nike, Polo, Tommy Hilfiger, Nautica. I once saw a shirt there that said “Boatica” on it. And I also saw one of the greatest shirts ever created there, and possibly one of my greatest purchase regrets: A white t-shirt that had the logos of every “high-class” clothing company on it. It was a Polo x Versace x Tommy Hilfiger x Nautica x Nike x Gucci x Louis Vuitton bootleg collaboration! Truly classic and to this day I get teary eyed thinking about how I could have passed up such an exclusive item. And for only $10.
Sadly Big City went out of business after about a year. Also I’m not sure if anyone knew that the items they were selling were fake. I feel like in general people actually thought they were buying $20 orange Polo jean shorts, and were getting the deal of the decade.

One of the greatest snaps of my life was when I said that Russ’s mom worked at big city fashions. I remember people laughing really hard, and re-snapping that one.

No comments: