Thursday, August 23, 2007

Tighty-Whiteys

Last night I went to the Laundromat to wash some clothes. This very drunk man came in while I was waiting for the dryer to stop. He was swaying back and forth in front of the dryers, and pulled out one shiny quarter, which he put in one of the machines. He then took off the shorts that he was wearing and threw them in the dryer. The only thing he had on now was his tighty-whiteys and a t-shirt. I started cracking up and this drew the attention of the other patrons. Their reactions were either gasps of horror, or giggles. The owner came over and said, “you leave now….or call cops!!” The drunk guy said, “I’ll go if you give me my money back!” They stared each other down for a second until the owner caved and gave him back his quarter, he calmly put his shorts back on, and walked out, but not before he could ramble on about living in a free country, the price of gasoline, and something about china. It was pretty awesome and totally made my night.

No comments: