Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Year Ender Bender Origins?


Was the bender Snack's idea? I think he's the first one I heard of trying to get drunk every night from the 26th-31st... Also has anyone besides Balls(he's a pro) pulled it off? I'm gonna go out and participate but I have to drive around so I don't think I can tear it up like I should...
Be safe kids! Have your friend hold your hair when you vomit!
Take lots of pics...
Oh yeah Roams birthday falls during the bender(tomorrow) but I don't think that would surprise anyone who knows him...
Happy B-day Roamzilla

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It all started in 1648, in the old country.

Grand Dinner Banquet for the Duke, (that was Snacks great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather) began a tradition. Each year after the King declared his imperial might for the year-it was their Christmas-the peasants would rejoice in the King's powers for half a fortnight of merriment. The tradition died in 1653 with the King's Brew-Ha-Ha Redaction Act.

Then last year me and Snapper went out every night between the birth of Jesus and the death of Jesus. Somewhere along the lines we started calling it the Year Ender Bender, realizing that most people have time off and thus we should spend it inebriated.

And 32 years later, here we are! The 33rd annual Year Ender Bender. Or as I like to think of it, The Most Wonderful Time of the Year.

P.S. Barry, its not all about being drunk each night. It's about going out everynight and getting a different lady each time. Which I've successfully done 29 of the past 33 years. All the more impressive when you factor in my 32 years of a happy marriage.

Anonymous said...

Snacks should answer his phone during bender related activities!

Velocity_B said...

Yasamatizi
Are you claiming that the year ender bender goes until Easter? Cause I don't know if my liver can hang?

Anonymous said...

I'm not super religious...didn't Jesus die on Jan 1? I thought that was the big deal. He was born from a virgin, blew minds for a week and then peaced out. I could be wrong though.