Thursday, August 23, 2007

Denton Tall Tales #12

For a short period of time I had a restraining order against my stepfather. He wasn’t allowed within 200 ft of me. My mother and he were still together, and she had delusions of grandeur that we may still be able to be friends. She would bring him to family functions in the hopes of us reconciling our differences. One year for thanksgiving she brought him over to my grandmother’s house where I was living at the time. It was technically illegal for us to be in the same room together so I split. I sat in the park across the street until I saw his car leave, then went home and ate my dinner by myself.

Thanksgiving hasn’t been a big deal ever since.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen him at the Pentagon in a while, maybe he did something stupid and got fired...One can only hope for some bad luck that will follow that racist-ex~cop-asshole around...

Snaxxx said...

What Up Urn!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I have nothing better to do at work and other than going home, the Denton Tall Tales are the highlight of the day...So keep on posting, I know you have a stash of 100 or so on your pc....